Hi! I am Anupam. I am a Ph.D. student in the Dept. of Computer Science and Automation , Indian Institute of Science . I work in the area of Database Systems under the guidance of Prof. Jayant Haritsa at the Database Systems Lab.
Ph.D. - Computer Science and Engineering 2017 - PresentComputer Science and Automation Dept., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
|Courses taken: Computational Methods in Optimization, Probability and Statistics in High Dimensions|
M.E. - Computer Science and Engineering 2014 - 2016Computer Science and Automation Dept., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
|Courses taken: DBMS, Topics in Database Systems, Machine Learning, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Probability and Statistics, Data Analytics, Linear Algebra, Game Theory, Program Analysis and Verification, Cryptography|
B.Tech. - Information Technology 2010 - 2014Computer Science and IT Dept., Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, NOIDA
|Core IT Courses, Elective Courses taken: Human Computer Interaction, Problem Solving and Research Methodology, Distributed Computing, Artifical Intelligence, Mobile Computing, Computer Games|
Higher Secondary Education 2010No. 1 Air Force School, Gwalior (CBSE)
|Science, Mathematics, Psychology|
Scalable and Dynamic Regeneration of Big Data Volumes [IN PRESS]Proc. of 21st Intl. Conf. on Extending DataBase Technology (EDBT), Vienna, Austria, March 2018
|A. Sanghi, R. Sood, J. Haritsa and S. Tirthapura|
Hydra: Big Data Regenerator [TALK and POSTER]Young Researchers' Symposium, CoDS-COMAD, Goa, India, January 2018
|[Received Best Poster Award]|
CODD: A Dataless Approach to Big Data TestingDemo Session, CoDS-COMAD, Goa, India, January 2018
- Received Best Poster Award at the Young Researchers' Symposium, CoDS-COMAD 2018.
- Received the Future Star Award 2017 at Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
- Secured All India Rank 22 with a score of 953 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Computer Science, 2014.
- Secured a position in top five students in branch of Information Technology at JIIT, NOIDA (Batch: 2010-2014).
- Won top 0.1% merit certificate from CBSE for securing a position in top 0.1% students clearing the course of English in Class 12th (2010).
- Won top 0.1% merit certificate from CBSE for securing a position in top 0.1% students clearing the course of Mathematics in Class 10th (2008).
Technical Project Leader Aug 2016 - Aug 20172012 Labs (Database Team), Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Teaching Assistant Aug - Dec 2015Course: E0261 Database Management Systems, CSA Dept., IISc
Teaching Assistant Jan 2014 - May 2014Course: Information Systems Lab, CS/IT Dept., JIIT
Project Intern May - June 2013CSE Dept., IIT Bombay
| Worked at Aakash Lab on a project entitled "8051 Micro-controller Emulator" - An Android application which provides an Emulator for 8051 Micro-controller.
The project specifications and documentations are available here .
Project Guide: Prof. Deepak B. Phatak
Web Developer May - June 2012India Creatives, New Delhi
- Performance Testing for Database Systems Aug 2015 - June 2016
A tool for generating a synthetic database corresponding to a real database, such that the query performance is identical on the real as well as synthetic database.
Advisor: Prof. Jayant Haritsa
Graduate Course Projects
- Feature Mining for Similarity Search (Topics in Database Systems) Jan - April 2015
Finds interesting features for drawing similarities between objects. An interesting feature is an attributes value combination that is present much lower than the expectation.
- Cooperative Game Theory for Information Diffusion (Game Theory) Jan - April 2015
A study of several information diffusion models and simulation of influence maximization algorithms on them. The project also introduced a new class of models named, Evolutionary Models.
- Ensemble Learning Methods and Application on Face Detection (Machine Learning) Jan - April 2015
A comparative study of Bagging and AdaBoost ensemble techniques. The project also includes a face detection application built using the Viola-Jones technique (based on AdaBoost).
- Automatic Schema Detection from SQL Query Workload (DBMS) Aug - Dec 2014
Detects database schema ( table-column mapping, column datatypes, Primary-Key Foreign-Key relationship and Dimension table - Fact table) from SQL query workload.
- Gandharv July 2013 - May 14
A tool that gives a collaborative environment to music enthusiasts, which can assist in effective and efficient music composition.
Project details are available here .
Advisor: Prof. Sanjay Goel
- Mining Wikipedia Revision History Jan - May 2013
This project (i) models editors’ lifetime using techniques of survival analysis, and (ii) gives an article recommendation system for the editors based on their edit history.
- Sync'n'Share July - Dec 2012
A distributed file syncing and sharing application where a dedicated folder is created at every node and all the files present in it are synced on the application server. These can then also be shared with other nodes. In addition, it has a web interface which also provides a collaborative file editing feature.
Undergraduate Course Projects(Selective)
- Analogical Reasoning: Significance and Application in Design Problem Solving (Problem Solving and Research Methodology) Jan - May 2014
A study of analogical reasoning and its significance and its role in the field of education. Also, this project proposed a taxonomy on the applications of analogical reasoning in design problem solving. Lastly, certain drawbacks of analogical reasoning were identified and alternatives were explored.
- Activity Analysis in School (Human Computer Interaction) July - Dec 2013
Designed activity systems for different activities that take place in the accounts and academics sections in a school. Also ways for automating these activities were proposed.
- Hide (Multimedia Lab) Jan - May 2013
A one player-five stages game made using Adobe Flash.
- Interactive Online Experimets on Refraction (Ekshiksha Physics Laboratory, IIT Bombay) Jan - March 2013
This project was a part of the Ekshiksha Physics Laboratory, IIT Bombay . In this, I developed five interative online experiments that covered various concepts of Refraction of Light.