- Received monetary grant from Texas Instruments in recognition of
excellent software development in the DIAS project.
- Received highest rating of Outstanding from DST for MIDAS project.
- N. S. Arun's research thesis nominated for IISc Best Thesis award by CSA, 1997.
- Ramesh Gupta's research thesis nominated for IISc Best Thesis award by SERC, 1997
-- was ranked second.
- Vikram Pudi awarded Samsung scholarship for 1998-99.
- Visit by Ratan Tata in March 1998.
- Paper entitled "Secure Buffering in Firm Real-time Database Systems" by Binto George and Jayant Haritsa selected in Best Papers of VLDB98.
- Binto George's research thesis nominated for IISc Best Thesis award by SERC, 1999
-- was ranked second.
- Amit Garde awarded Infosys scholarship for 2000-02.
- Following papers have been chosen in "Selected Papers from Previous COMADs" list:
"Preliminary Results on Combining Value and Deadline in Real-Time Database Systems",
by Jayant Haritsa, Michael Carey and Miron Livny
"Design Issues for Extensible Concurrency Control Mechanisms",
by S. Seshadri, Shiby Thomas and Jayant Haritsa
"Database Compression: A Performance Enhancement Tool",
by Gautam Ray, Jayant Haritsa and S. Seshadri
"A Database System for Interconnect Parasitics",
by N.S. Arun, M.Krishna and Jayant Haritsa
- Paper entitled "Design and Implementation of a Biodiversity Information Management System" by B J Srikanta and Jayant Haritsa received Best Paper Award in COMAD 2000.
- N Rama Rao Distinguished Lecture, "Turbocharging Vertical
Mining of Large Databases", Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
IIT Kanpur, February 2001, by Jayant Haritsa.
- A presentation by Pankaj Tolani at the INTEL paper presentation contest
conducted by IEEE UVCE (June 2001) of "XxZip: A Query-friendly XML Compressor",
a paper by Aditya Nori, Pankaj Tolani, and Jayant Haritsa,
received the first prize in the Graduate Section.
- A team headed by Sunita Sarawagi (IIT-Bombay) and Jayant Haritsa
received the the third place in the Fifth ACM Knowledge
Discovery & Data Mining (KDD) Cup international competition, August 2001,
which dealt with genomic data.
- Suresha won the second prize for his presentation
"A Key-Mapping Technique for Proxy-Based Dynamic Web Cache Consistency"
in Inter-Research Institute Student Seminar (IRISS) in Computer Science, March 2002.
- Jayant Haritsa awarded the Swarnajayanti Fellowship by
Dept. of Science & Technology, 2001-2002.
- Jayant Haritsa awarded the Sir C V Raman young scientist
award of Govt. of Karnataka in Computer Science, 2001.
- Suresha awarded Infosys scholarship for 2003-04.
- N Rama Rao Distinguished Lecture, "Reducing Query Optimization
Overheads through Plan Recycling", Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
IIT Kanpur, March 2003, by Jayant Haritsa.
- 3rd Informatics Endowment Lecture Series on Digital Libraries, "Privacy-Preserving Data Mining", Univ. of Mysore, August 2004, by Jayant Haritsa.
- Vikram Pudi awarded Prof B G Raghavendra Memorial Medal for the
Best PhD Thesis (in the area of operations research and allied areas)
of Indian Institute of Science, for the year 2003-04. Thesis title:
"Efficient Discovery of Concise Association Rules from Large Databases".
- Tarun Ramsinghani and Shruthi A awarded Certificate of Merit in Microsoft TechVista for Picasso, 2006
- Jayant Haritsa awarded IBM Faculty Award, 2006
- Jayant Haritsa awarded Rotary Gold Medal for Best Young Scientist, 2006-07
- Jayant Haritsa elected Fellow of The National Academy of Sciences, India, 2006
- A. Kumaran awarded Sir Vithal N Chandavarkar Medal for the
Best PhD Thesis in the Faculty of Engineering
of the Indian Institute of Science, for the year 2006-07. Thesis title:
"Multilingual Information Processing on Relational Database Architectures".
- Jayant Haritsa awarded Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Research Award, 2007
- Jayant Haritsa elected Fellow of The Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2009
- Jayant Haritsa awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, 2009
- Jayant Haritsa elected Distinguished Member of ACM, 2009
- Pooja Darera awarded Subramaniam Rajalakshmi Ammal Medal for Best MSc(Engg) Thesis, for the year 2008-2009.
Thesis title: "Reduction of Query Optimizer Plan Diagrams".
- Bruhathi H S won the first prize in the Gedanken (puzzle contest) at the Open Day, IISc, on Feb 28, 2010.
- The Picasso tool was awarded the Best Demonstration at the VLDB 2010 conference in Singapore.
- The QUEST tool was awarded the Best Demonstration at the VLDB 2014 conference in Singapore.